So, last week (on Tuesday), I ordered two new cell phones and service from T-mobile. I ordered us the new G2 phones and got a great deal on a family plan. I was told by the representative that I would receive the phones no later than Friday. Well, Thursday, I decided to check the status of the order - see if I could get a tracking number. To my surprise, the order said "submitted" - it hadn't even been processed yet!! Obviously, I wasn't going to be receiving them by Friday. So, I called and talked to one representative who said it was because the phones were on backorder, and to check back later that day to get an update.
I waited about 6 hours, called back to check the status. This time I was told that, no there was no reason for my order to be held up. This representative said the order needed to be rekeyed, but that it couldn't be rekeyed for another 2 hours and advised me to call back then. So, I called back 2 hours later. This time they did request that it be rekeyed. I was also told that the phones would be shipped overnight at no additional cost to me.
The next day....phones didn't show up. I checked my order status - well, the order had gone through. But, they didn't ship it overnight like they were going to. I called to ask about this, and was told they would send me an accessory for each phone at no cost to me due to their errors.
Today is now Wednesday. Got the phones today! YAY!! I wasn't sure what our new numbers were, so I called T-mobile to ask them this. Come to find out - they not only messed up the billing and were going to overcharge me $60.00/month, they activated the phones wrong and gave us phone numbers in New Mexico - we live in Pennsylvania.
I had to talk to a supervisor to get the billing fixed - got that fixed. Since it's a family plan, they couldn't just correct the phone numbers easily, they have to request another department change the numbers. First, they told me it would take 6 business days. That was entirely unacceptable - considering all the problems I've had with this transaction especially. Then they said they would expedite it and it would take 2 - 4 hours.
It's now 6 and a half hours later - still not fixed. I am currently on the phone with a supervisor who claims they can't fix it other than to send another e-mail. He has me on hold trying to put me through to his manager.
Agghhhh!!! I hate absolutely incompetent people. First they mess up the order, then they mess up the shipping, then they mess up the billing and the phone number!! Now, they are saying you'll just have to wait another day or so to use your phones.
Ridiculous. To top it off - I'm trying to study for a biochemistry final I have tomorrow.
Ok - so that was my rant for today!!